Thursday, September 3, 2009

turned cartwheels 'cross the floor

since music has been so much on my mind today (as I've been wallowing in the glow of having a DJ,) i wanted to put a conflict i'm having - of heart and mind and wedding song - down on paper. I have a song, one of my favorite favorite songs - this song makes my heart want to burst and makes me want to close my eyes and spin in circles like no one is watching. This song, i feel, also has an amazing intro and i envision it as my processional song. What wrong with this you ask? Well, it's not exactly a love song, in fact - i think it might be about running into a past love, catching a love cheating on you, or the last time you saw a love- there is something about it that makes my heart so heavy - but i LOVE it.

In the end I know i'll just go for it, it shouldn't matter what the song was intended to mean right? It only matters what it means to me. What do you think? Is a mixed message song a ceremonial no-no?

What's the tune I can't let go of? Procol Harum's A Whiter Shade of Pale.

1 comment:

  1. i love it! the organ always gives me goosebumps. can't believe i never thought of this being a wedding song but it really is perfect. won't be a dry eye in the house/barn! x

    ReplyDelete