Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April Showers

This weekend is my soon to be sister in law's surprise shower and i am so excited! I could have never guessed a year ago that i would be so excited to celebrate my friend's and loved one's pending marriages but i really am. At this point I'm a little relieved to be able to duck having the wedding questions directed at me and enjoy being a guest and bridesmaid and listen to their stories and stresses and join in their excitement. I'm also excited to have a ladies day with Mike's family, there are a lot of great women that i really don't get to see enough, and because i have a small family the big italian get-togethers are a lot of fun to me.
But, I'm a bit neurotic too. I love wrapping gifts, it's always been a big thing in my family, and in the last year or so i really havent veered too far from brown kraft paper wrapping for all occasions. So why on earth am i worried that my soon to be in laws might think i'm nuts or a cheapo for bringing a craft paper gift instead of one in shiny bridal paper? If it was any other girlfriend of mine, (especially the crafty or earth conscious ones) i wouldnt think twice about it. But here under the fear of judgement by my soon to be family i keep questioning myself, i mean - really Kristy - do you think anyone will even remember what you brought let alone what it was wrapped in? Sheesh the world does not revolve around you!

The maid of honor has been a rock star setting up this shower, she has included so many special touches, photo books, recipes, a mother flown in from the west coast AND has managed to keep it all a surprise. I can't wait to see the brides reaction!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to your nerves. I felt the same and blogged about it once too. Its hard becoming a new member of a family but I found that being yourself is the best way to do it. I love the wrapping you chose and I'm sure they'll be able to see beyond this, whether its now or at a different point in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's going to be a great shower. Is that your gift in the picture? It looks gorgeous. I'd be stoked to get a gift wrapped that pretty!

    ReplyDelete